How Often Do I Need my Teeth Cleaned?
If you’re wondering how often you should get your teeth cleaned, the Houston teeth cleaning experts are here to help.
You may not know how to keep your teeth as clean and healthy as possible, which is why we’ve built this guide on teeth cleaning to help you understand. This way, you can keep your teeth healthy and bright. Read on to learn more!
How Often Should You Get Your Teeth Cleaned?
“I’m brushing my teeth and flossing every day, at least twice a day. What else can I do to ensure my teeth stay clean and healthy?”
Well, brushing and flossing at home are only a piece of the overall puzzle that is tooth health.
The number 1 rule for healthy teeth, other than daily brushing and flossing, is to visit your Houston dentist at least once a year for teeth cleaning in Houston.
Daily Brushing + Flossing + Annual Dentist Visit = A Healthy Mouth!
Benefits of Teeth Cleaning
Why go get your teeth cleaned at all unless you know why you’re doing it? The benefits of teeth cleaning in Houston are many. Not only will it make you feel cleaner, but it also provides these great benefits:
● Increases confidence about your smile – The cleaner your teeth are, the more confident you can feel when you smile. Drinks like coffee, tea, and soda can actually stain your teeth – and so can smoking. Over time, these stains build up and can make your smile look unhealthy. Regular teeth cleaning can remove these built-up stains and leave your mouth clean and healthy. Your smile is thus whiter and brighter than ever before, so you never have to hide your pearly whites.
● Stops tooth loss and tooth decay – Gum disease begins with plaque. It builds up, and builds up until it becomes a huge problem. As gum disease worsens, plaque moves deeper into the tooth, destroying the supporting bone in your jaw. This leads to teeth loosening and falling out. It can get extremely painful, but with regular teeth cleaning and good oral hygiene, your risk is much, much lower.
● Prevents painful cavities and abscesses – No one likes hearing, “You have an abscess.” There are over 200,000 cases of dental abscesses in the United States every year. These most typically are caused by untreated cavities, injuries, or bad dental work that was never corrected. Dental abscesses are extremely painful and can only be treated in a professional dental office. If left untreated, it can spread to your brain and actually become fatal. With the proper dental hygiene and annual teeth cleanings, you can prevent these extremely painful conditions.
● Prevents cavities and periodontal disease (gum disease) – Plaque build-up is the leading cause of cavities and tooth decay. It eats away at your tooth enamel, leading to cavities and decay. To fight back, brush and floss at least twice a day and visit your dentist for your annual teeth cleaning in Houston.
● Freshens up your breath – Bad breath comes from more than just halitosis. It’s a direct result of neglecting oral hygiene. If you have bad breath that won’t stop, try upping your oral hygiene routine with flossing, brushing, and mouthwash. In addition, visit your dentist at least once a year for Houston teeth cleaning to keep your mouth smelling fresh.
● Saves you money on dental care – The #1 way to save money on dental care is by taking care of your mouth. Preventative maintenance is the best strategy to save your hard-earned cash. The longer you wait to treat your dental conditions, the worse they become, and the more expensive treatment gets. It’s much cheaper to get teeth cleaning in Houston than it is to pay for a root canal, crowns, or another in-depth procedure.
● Makes your mouth and body healthier overall – Did you know that recent studies have found a connection between oral health and overall health? It’s true; Houston teeth cleanings may lower your risk of conditions such as stroke, anxiety, kidney disease, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Get your Houston teeth cleaning done at least once a year.
Schedule an Appointment with the Houston Teeth Cleaning Experts at Oral Dental Care.
For professional, comfortable teeth cleaning in Houston, trust the experts at Oral Dental Care. Located at 11049 FM 1960 Road West, Suite A, our team is dedicated to providing exceptional dental office experiences.
Plus, you can expect an affordable experience, as we accept most PPO health insurance plans, major credit cards, cash, and Care Credit. Call us at 281-469-4500 to schedule an appointment today!
How Often Do I Need my Teeth Cleaned? | Oral Dental Care – Houston, TX